Sunday, November 9, 2014

Don't Dig Your Own Grave





There is a nation wide epidemic of drug abuse.  In a 2008 report, there was estimated to be over 24 million people abusing drugs.  At least 13 million people over the age of 12 years old admitted to using meth.  To me that is very scary.  My daughter is 12 years old.  I couldn't begin to imagine having to see her struggling with addiction.

I was 14 when I used meth for the first time.  I loved it.  I wish I had known then that it would take 16 years of my life away.
 I wish someone would have told me it would destroy my life and everything else in it's path.

 I oftentimes wonder, what if someone would have told me, would I have cared?

 Probably not.

Meth has it's way of controlling the user.  It turns you into someone completely different than who they were.

It's almost like being possessed by a demonic force when I think back and remember the way I was before using, during using, and after using.



In 2006 I started attending a faith based 12 step recovery program called Walking the 12 Steps With Jesus.

 After loosing 6 people that I loved to the drug in less than a year I felt like I had to do something to change the future.  There had to be a way that I could make a difference.

I remained clean and sober for 4 years.

In 2010, I found myself in relapse and using meth again.  I knew what I was doing was wrong, and honestly I didn't want to be doing it.  But for some reason beyond my comprehension I continued to use.  I struggled and suffered day to day and finally hit bottom.

 I found myself not caring if I lived another day.  This is when I cried out to Jesus and honestly asked Him for deliverance.

I immediately felt a sense of being forgiven.  I felt like all the mistakes I had made in the past didn't matter as much as they did just seconds before.
The guilt I had for dragging my kids through the horrible life I was living was no longer there.

 I knew then that God had saved me.
He wanted me to follow Him.
 He wanted me to have a life worth living.
He wanted me to lead others like me to Him.

That following week I started attending regular meetings again.
 I also decided to attend a church where I new the pastor had been delivered from a meth addiction and called to preach.  I became a member the next week and I am there every time the doors are open.

 I know that it is by God's grace and mercy that I am clean and sober today.  I am here to tell you that He is the only way to change your life.  Sure there are plenty of other options that you could try.  But His way is the only real cure for our addiction.

 Without having a relationship with Christ, I know I would be back on the streets getting high and being miserable.

Maybe you are just like me.

 Maybe you are sick of living in misery.

 Maybe you have been searching for an answer.



If that is the case then I truly believe God has brought you to my page today.

He has heard your crying,

 He knows you are hurting and He wants to help you.

 All you have to do is admit that you are a sinner.
Admit that you need Him to restore your life back to sanity.
  Believe that He is able to take everything and work it out for you.
 Believe that He loves you and wants you.
Pray for Him to save you right where you are.

 Don't put it off any longer.

So many of you are stuck in addiction because you keep telling yourself you will get saved when you get your life in order.  This is a common misconception for many addicts.
We can not get our lives in order.
 Only after we accept God as our Lord and Savior is this possible.
God will restore you to sanity and He wants to save you right where you are.

Are you ready to become a Follower of Christ?

All you have to do is Pray and Obey!
 
Good luck and God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment