Sunday, November 9, 2014

Hello World

Hi everyone and thanks for stopping in to read my blog.  I would like to start by telling you a little bit about myself.  I am 30 years old.  I recently got married to the best guy a girl could ever have.  We are happily married and have 4 kids.  I am a grateful recovering addict and am blessed to be clean and sober after 14 years of insanity.  My drug of choice was marijuana and meth.  I am proud to say that God has delivered me from drug addiction and He can deliver you, too.  There is nothing that is too big for Him to handle.  All you have to do is pray, believe, and walk in obedience by submitting to God's will for your life.  It's that simple.
I have found that attending regular faith based 12 step recovery meetings is another very important step in guaranteeing your sobriety.  I have chaired a Walking the 12 Steps With Jesus Christ 12 Step Recovery group for 6 years.  I love the group, and the program!  Part of recovery is taking what you have learned and using it to help others who still struggle with addiction.  I have recently decided to stop saying no to God's will for my life and enrolled in college.  I have to say that I am a little scared.  I am 30 years old and have been out of school for 12 years.  But, I have known for 6 years that God was calling me to lead others to Christ through addiction counseling and I have let my fears hold me back all these years.  So finally I am stepping out of my comfort zone and taking a chance.  I know that with God's help I will be more than okay.
Today I created a campaign on GoFundMe.com in the hopes that I could get some help with my tuition.  I have another friend in recovery that used this site to pay for her Master's Degree and she suggested that I give it a try.  So I did.  After I finished the campaign creation, I shared the link in a few of my favorite facebook recovery groups.  I shared the link thinking that the members of the group would be happy to share, and I thought they would offer encouragement.  But, instead of encouragement, they only shot me down.  I deleted the posts and apologized for offending them.
I really can't see how anyone could take offense in me sharing my dream and my need for help in achieving this dream.  Anyhow...  I would like to share the link with you all.  Maybe you all can check out my campaign and leave your comments.  If you would like to share it and help me reach my goal that would be awesome.  Thank you.  CLICK HERE TO LEARN MORE
I will continue to pray for you all and I ask that you all continue to pray for me.  Remember, it works if you work it!!!
GOD BLESS

No comments:

Post a Comment