Thursday, December 4, 2014

Who Am I And What The Heck Am I Doing Here?

My name is Tasha.  I am a 30 year old wife, mother and student.  I am currently attending classes at the University of Phoenix online to attain a Bachelor's degree in Psychology.  I am a grateful recovering addict.  It is only by God's Saving Grace I am clean and sober today.  When I felt God's love and saw His Mercy I had to have more.  In one second I made a choice to surrender my everything to gain His Everything!  This was the best decision I have ever made in my life.

For years I have felt the need to help others.  So I decided to study Psychology with emphasis in Substance Abuse.  I plan to become a Bible based counselor for those suffering from addiction.  My passions are God, my Family, Success, and Paying it Forward.

The University of Phoenix has one of the leading online campuses in the US.  They offer so many resources and tools to students it is almost a guaranteed win win situation.  Failure seems highly unlikely.

The student orientation resources were very helpful.  They suggested that students create a website and re-write what they were learning.  Since all the materials we would be learning could be molded to fit any situation.  So relate it to our life and passions and tell everyone.  They said to encourage group discussions so that we could learn the material even better by viewing other people's perspectives.  By doing all this, we are sure to learn the course materials and graduate with ease.

So here I am.  Very excited and praising God for what He is doing in my life.  Please be sure to leave your comments and suggestions under each post.  Thank you and God Bless.

1 comment: